Telephone Us 01202 605315
Excellence in Education across Dorset
Call Us Now 01202 605315

What financial help can I get?

Tuition fee loan

Tuition fee loans are available to help pay the cost of your tuition fees. They are paid directly to Poole SCITT on your behalf. You can apply for a tuition fee loan up to the full cost of the tuition fee from Student Finance England. Tuition fee loans are not repayable until you are earning over £25,000 a year.
If you are an EU student from outside the UK, you can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan if you meet certain conditions. Please tell me more about funding for EU students

Maintenance loan for living costs

You can apply for a Maintenance Loan to help with living costs. Maintenance Loans are paid into your bank account at the start of each term. The exact amount you can borrow depends on your household income. For 2019/20 you can receive up to £7,529 if you live at home, and up to £8,944 if you live away from home.

Maintenance loans are not repayable until you are earning over 25,000 a year. EU students are not eligible to apply for a maintenance loan.

Training Bursary

Unfortunately, there are no bursaries for Primary Teaching courses.

For more financial information visit

Health care costs

Students aged 19 or over are not automatically entitled to help with health costs such as prescriptions, dentists, opticians etc. However, you can apply to the Low Income Scheme by completing Form HC1 to see if you qualify for help.  This is not currently available on-line.  To order an HC1 Application form please telephone 0845 610 1112

Council tax

As a full time student you can apply for council tax reduction / exemption. This depends on who lives in your household. You will need an official letter to apply, which is given to you by Poole SCITT when you begin the course.

Please tell me more about students and council tax

Other financial support

Disabled Students can apply for extra financial support through Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs). These grants are paid in addition to the standard student finance package. They do not depend on income and do not have to be repaid.

Please tell me more about disabled student support

If you have child or adult dependants you can apply for extra financial support. These are in the  form of the Adult Dependants Grant, Childcare Grant and Parents Learning Allowance.
Please tell me more about support for students with dependants

When and where to apply for financial support

For 2019-20 Student Finance you can apply from early February 2019 at Student Finance England.

If you have any queries please phone us on 01202 605315

Contact Details

Poole SCITT,
Ad Astra Infant School
Sherborn Crescent
BH17 8AP

Tel: 01202 605315

Find Us